PPF / DIVISIÓN ÉLITE
We are excited to announce that this year’s Spanish Open will offer a new “PPF / ELITE DIVISION” to attract and showcase top players from around the world. The division is being offered in collaboration with the Professional Pickleball Federation (PPF www.pbfederation.com), an organization dedicated to supporting and promoting top pickleball players worldwide.
We invite ALL top pickleball players of any age to participate in the new division.
Format of the PPF / Elite Division:
- Men’s, Women’s and Mixed Doubles
- Saturday, Sept. 16: Men’s and Women’s Doubles
- Sunday, Sept. 17: Mixed Doubles
- The competition format of the PPF / Elite Division is the same as in the other divisions:
- All teams will play a minimum of 4 games.
- Teams will play 2 round robin games for seeding purposes.
- After the round robbin games, all teams will be seeded and will enter the double elimination competition.
- Who Can Participate:
- All players rated 4.0 and above are eligible and encouraged to participate in the PPF / Elite Division.
- It is not necessary to be a member of the PPF to participate.
- There is no age restriction to enter this Division.
- If you’re not sure about your rating level and are interested in participating, please take a look at the ratings criteria HERE.
- If you have any questions about your rating please contact the Spanish Open Staff at email@example.com.
- PPF / Elite Division Event Payouts per Team:
- Prize money will be awarded to the top performers in the PPF / Elite Division. The payout amounts per team are outlined below:
|PPF / Elite Division||Gold||Silver||Bronze||4th||5th||6th||Total Purse|
- * Minimum of 8 teams per event required to payout to 6th place.
- How to Register:
- To register for the PPF / Elite Division, simply follow these steps.
- If you are already registered for the Spanish Open:
- Login to your account at PickleballTournaments.com
- Click on “Update Events”
- Select the new division (PPF/Elite in Men’s, Women’s and Mixed), and “deselect” the regular division for which you’re currently registered
- If you are NOT already registered for the Spanish Open, simply register for the PPF/Elite divisions when you register.
- If you register for a PPF/Elite event (Men’s, Women’s or Mixed Doubles), you cannot play in the same event in the regular division.
- If you have any questions about the new division please contact the Spanish Open Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org