The dimensions of the standard pickleball court are:
- Court dimensions: The court dimensions are 6.1 m x 13.41 m for both doubles and singles play.
- Total Playing Surface: A total playing surface (court plus sideline/baseline space) of 10 m by 20 m is recommended. The minimum space recommended is 9.14 m by 18.28 m. The minimum recommended space around the court boundary lines is 3 m on each baseline and 2 m on each sideline to safely allow for player movement.
- Court Measurements: Court measurements shall be made to the outside of the lines. The lines should be 5 cm wide and the same color, clearly contrasting with the color of the playing surface.
- Net Height: The net height is 92 cm on each end of the net and 86 cm in the middle.
Lines and Areas
The lines and areas of the standard pickleball court are:
- Baselines: The baselines are the lines parallel to the net at each end of the court.
- Sidelines: The sidelines are the lines perpendicular to the net on each side of the court.
- Non-Volley Line: The non-volley line is the line on each side of the net between the sidelines and parallel to the net. These lines are located 2.13 m from the net.
- Non-volley zone: The non-volley zone is the area of the court bounded by the two sidelines, the non-volley line, and the net. The non-volley line and the sidelines are included in the non-volley zone.
- Centerline: The centerline is the line on each side of the net bisecting the area between the non-volley line and the baseline.
Service Courts: The service courts (service areas) are the areas on either side of the centerline, bounded by the non-volley line, the baseline, and the sideline. The service area is 3.05 m x 4.75 m.