Spanish Pickleball Association – Ambassador Program
Pickleball Spain (the Spanish Pickleball Association) is looking for enthusiastic Ambassadors to join our team and help promote pickleball throughout Spain and Europe.
Ambassadors are those players who have a sincere desire to promote the game of pickleball in Spain or any other European country.
1. What is a Pickleball Ambassador?
2. How to become a Pickleball Ambassador
3. Support for Ambassadors
4. Types of Ambassadors
5. Standards and Expectations
6. Code of Conduct
7. Terms of Ambassador Agreement
What is a Pickleball Ambassador?
- A Pickleball Ambassador is a volunteer who promotes the sport of pickleball.
- The primary responsibility is to be the spokesperson and representative for the Spanish Pickleball Association (Pickleball Spain) for all activities related to Pickleball within their area.
- Ambassadors may be individuals or couples working as a team.
- The main requirement is a love of the sport and the desire to share pickleball with others of all ages and abilities.
- Ambassadors are not restricted from selling pickleball equipment to ensure access to playing equipment in their area.
- The term of office for an Ambassador is an indefinite period of time and the Ambassador may leave office at any time.
How to become a Pickleball Ambassador?
- Individuals or couples interested in becoming Pickleball Ambassadors should fill out the following application: Pickleball Ambassador Application (click here).
- Ambassadors shall be approved and appointed by the Board of Directors of the Spanish Pickleball Association.
Support for Ambassadors
- The Spanish Pickleball Association supports Ambassadors in a number of ways:
- Provide an ¨Introduction to Pickleball¨ presentation that Ambassadors can use to present the new sport.
- Provide training material for classes and clinics.
- Provide access to participate in the “Pickleball Spain Ambassador Blog” to exchange ideas for growing the sport.
- Keep you well-informed of Pickleball’s development and strategies for promoting the sport:
- Promotional ideas, rules, tournaments, equipment, new associations, new pickleball clubs, new places to play, etc.
Types of Ambassador
There are three types of Pickleball Ambassadors:
- Local Area: Represent pickleball and the Association in the local area that they have chosen.
- Regional: Represent pickleball in a large region of the country such as an Autonomous Community. Support the activities of Local Area Ambassadors within their region.
- At-Large: Represent pickleball and the Association anywhere they may be traveling. They don’t represent a particular Local Area, but travel extensively and plant seeds that grow into pickleball places and players. At-Large Ambassadors are often full-time travelers who may have multiple homes, motor-homes, campers or recreational vehicles (RVs).
Standards and Expectations
- PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY is to be the spokesperson and representative for the Spanish Pickleball Association (Pickleball Spain) for all activities related to pickleball within the area they represent.
- Ambassadors are expected to have a thorough understanding of the Official Rules of Pickleball which can be found in the Official Rules section.
- An Ambassador pledges to support and abide by all Official Rules and the Code of Conduct as established by the Association.
- Post playing locations on the Pickleball Spain website to indicate where pickleball is played within your geographical area.
- Be the contact person for local players and visitors.
- Support the goals of Pickleball Spain which are to promote and grow the sport among players of all ages and abilities.
- Advise players in your area of decisions taken by the International Federation of Pickleball (IFP), such as rule changes.
- Arrange and facilitate beginner and intermediate clinics to improve player skills.
- Organize tournaments for all levels of play.
- Assist with the formation of pickleball clubs.
Code of Conduct
Good Sportsmanship at All Times
The mission of Pickleball Spain is to promote the growth and development of pickleball. This sport will succeed best if its players embrace the values of good sportsmanship. It is essential that Pickleball Spain members and volunteers, in promoting this mission, always demonstrate good behavior, lead by example, display respect and show self-control.
Every person involved in pickleball as a participant, official, volunteer, spectator or representative of Pickleball Spain pledges to:
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and encourage others to do the same.
- Behave in ways that protect the health, safety and well-being of others.
- Treat others with respect.
- Exhibit fairness and honesty.
- Avoid the use of profanity.
- Never use Association information or materials for personal gain.
Terms of Ambassador Agreement
- The term of office for all Ambassadors is an indefinite period of time.
- An Ambassador may leave office at any time.